[tor-qa] Vidalia standalone bundles for testing (TBB 3.x "mod")

Erinn Clark erinn at torproject.org
Tue Dec 17 16:55:52 UTC 2013

* Sherief Alaa <sheriefalaa.w at gmail.com> [2013:12:17 15:11 +0200]:

Ugh, that sounds pretty nasty. OSX 10.9 !#@%#%!.

>    So I did something different, I deleted TorBrowser.app, extracted a fresh
>    TorBrowser.app and a Vidalia-standalone folder and launched Vidalia and
>    gave it Tor's path (/Users/MyUserName/Downloads/TorBrowser.app/Tor/tor)
>    and it worked. After that, I opened TorBrowser.app and it also worked.
>    Then I took a look at the activity window and it found out that there are
>    two tor processes running.
>    Should TorBrowser.app use an existing tor process or it needs to launch
>    its own?

It uses the existing process, I'll add the missing tor. I guess that on 10.9
we'll have the issue with the absolute path it needs, and I can just re-use the
same hack we had to use last time when the geoip couldn't be found.  But I'm
not sure what to do about Contents being completely overwritten, because that
is pretty odd behavior... and we can only use the absolute path trick if they
are going to be in the same directory.