[tor-qa] TBB 3.5rc1 try #5

Sherief Alaa sheriefalaa.w at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 19:07:28 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 5:47 PM, Mike Perry <mikeperry at torproject.org>wrote:

> Ok everyone, we've got another build for TBB 3.5rc1. You know what they
> say: 5th time's a charm!
>
> Please test this. The New Identity and localization bugs should both be
> fixed, though reports from Windows and Mac will be helpful:
> https://people.torproject.org/~linus/builds/3.5-rc-1-build5/
>
> Again, barring issues the plan is to get this on the blog in a few
> hours, and if there's not a riot in the comments there, we'll turn
> around and release 3.5-stable a couple days after that.
>
> Thanks!

Testing: tor-browser-linux32-3.5-rc-1_en-US.tar.xz

<armadev> i managed to freeze tor launcher. huh.
<Sherief> armadev: I am about to test the 64 bit of linux right now, what
can I do to reproduce?
<armadev> try adding a bridge and connecting. have a very fast internet
connection.
<armadev> your tor will do the first part of its bootstrap faster than tor
launcher expects,
<armadev> and then tor launcher will be confused and never recover
<armadev> also it pops up windows saying "tor failed to bootstrap! your
error message was: DONE"
<Lunar^> oops
<armadev> "Connecting to the Tor network: Done. "Open Settings" or "Quit"
are my options.

Also:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrtlm4elzxqdug9/torLauncherCrash.mp4

--