[tor-qa] Testing needed for 3.5rc1 (just a few hours)

Sherief Alaa sheriefalaa.w at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 00:52:42 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 2:20 AM, Mike Perry <mikeperry at torproject.org>wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> We've got a tight schedule here to get a TBB based on FF24esr out soon,
> so quick smoke testing on this is appreciated, especially on Windows and
> Mac.
>
> The plan is to post this 3.5rc1 build on the blog tonight, and then post
> a 3.5 release later this week (Thursday or Friday, depending on issues).
> At that point, our 2.x series will be officially deprecated.
>
> This version should also fix the Nvidia crashes reported with Georg's
> build from Sunday, but it would be useful to have confirmation:
> https://people.torproject.org/~linus/builds/3.5-rc-1/
>
> Thanks!

Testing: torbrowser-install-3.5-rc-1_en-US.exe
Platform: Windows 7 64-bit

Bundle components:
Firefox 24.2.0 ESR
Torbutton 1.6.5
NoScript 2.6.8.7
HTTPS-Everywhere 3.4.4tbb

Behaviour:
- TBB Launches successfully - yes
- Browser toolbars and menus work, tab dragging works - yes

Functions:
- HTTP, HTTPS, .onion browsing - ok
- HTML5 videos work (http://youtube.com/)
- http://html5demos.com/web-socket - Not connected
- Tor SOCKS - ok
- New identity closes all tabs and removes all cookies - NOT ok

Something came up during the test. Try visiting
https://www.youtube.com/html5 and "Request HTML5 player" then
TorButton->New Identity then visit https://www.youtube.com/html5 again it
will remember your choice. I also tested with an email login (hotmail) and
TBB remembered my cookies after a New identity.

The Nvidia crash seems to resolved without me modifying any prefs.

Good luck.

--
Sherief Alaa
pgp 0x8623B882