[tor-qa] Tor 0.2.4.16-rc packages & bugfix TBBs

Colin C. admin at insecure-complexity.com
Tue Aug 13 01:17:35 UTC 2013

On 12/08/13 08:29 AM, Erinn Clark wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> There was a rather terrible bug in the last stable TBBs that meant the language
> packs did not work, so everyone got an English bundle. I've fixed that bug and
> created new TBBs. They don't have much new, but if someone here could just give
> them a once over ASAP I'd appreciate it. I'll release them really soon,
> probably early tomorrow morning or late tonight, depending.
>
> In addition to that, we have a new Tor 0.2.4.16-rc release. I've also updated
> the beta TBBs and the Vidalia bundles. So, without further ado:
>
> stable
> ---------
> Packages: https://people.torproject.org/~erinn/qa/stable/2.3.25-12/
> sha256sums: https://people.torproject.org/~erinn/qa/stable/2.3.25-12/sha256sums-2.3.25-12.txt.asc
> Turnaround: 12h/ASAP
>
> beta
> ---------
> Packages: https://people.torproject.org/~erinn/qa/alpha/2.4.16-rc/
> sha256sums: https://people.torproject.org/~erinn/qa/alpha/2.4.16-rc/sha256sums-2.4.16-rc.txt.asc
> Turnaround: 24h, the beta bundles were not affected by the langpack bug so they
> are less urgent; more important to make sure Tor works properly.
>
> Thank you!
> Erinn

Testing: tor-browser-gnu-linux-x86_64-2.4.16-beta-1-dev-en-US.tar.gz
Platform: Debian Wheezy
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz

TBB Launches successfully - OK
Connects to the Tor network - OK
Browser toolbars and menus work. Tab dragging works. - OK
DNS - No leaks observed (wireshark)

OpenSSL - 1.0.0k

All extensions are present and functional -  OK
 - HTTPS-Everywhere 4.0development.9
 - NoScript 2.6.7
 - Torbutton 1.5.2
 - PDF Viewer 0.8.298

WebBrowsing works as expected - OK
 - HTTP, HTTPS, .onion browsing works
 - HTML5 videos work
 - ip-check.info - OK
 - samy.pl/evercookie - OK (new identity clears cookie)
 - html5demos.com/web-socket - Not Connected / Socket Closed

--
-Phoul