[tor-qa] Updated TBBs with Firefox 17.0.5esr

Katya Titov kattitov at yandex.com
Thu Apr 25 05:40:58 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 00:14:59 -0400
Erinn Clark <erinn at torproject.org> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> Pretty easy update here. There's a new Firefox and a new NoScript,
> but no major changes other than that.
>
> Packages: https://people.torproject.org/~erinn/qa/ff17.0.5esr/
> sha256sums:
> https://people.torproject.org/~erinn/qa/ff17.0.5esr/sha256sums-ff17.0.5esr.txt.asc
> Turnaround: 24h

Hi Erinn,

I didn't get to test these when they came out, but at the moment I am
having problems with Firefox crashing one a fairly regular basis, about
once every two days. There's no particular reason I can see why FF
would crash, however it seems to happen when I have more than one tab
open, and when at least one page is quite complex (many
sub-elements ... graphics, adds, JS, etc).

No error appears on screen, nothing is written to a log which I can
find, FF just disappears leaving the Vidalia window. Tor/Vidalia is
still working OK, I have some applications (e.g. mail) using TBB/Tor
via torsocks.

Version: tor-browser-gnu-linux-x86_64-2.3.25-6-dev-en-US.tar.gz
Platform: Debian 6.0.7
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz

Any thoughts, or any suggestions to help diagnose most welcome.
--
kat