[tor-qa] TBB-alpha v0.2.3.21-rc QA

Runa A. Sandvik runa at torproject.org
Mon Sep 10 12:18:25 UTC 2012

Hi everyone!

We have new alpha bundles available with a Tor release candidate
(0.2.3.21-rc), and a new Torbutton which should prevent the exceptions
in sandbox evaluation that people were seeing before. If it doesn't we
need to know about it. Otherwise all of the normal verification should
be sufficient (checking versions, making sure there aren't problems
with libevent which was also upgraded, etc.). The OS X Obfsproxy Tor
Browser Bundles have also been fixed.

You can find the bundles at:
https://people.torproject.org/~erinn/qa/alpha/0.2.3.21-rc/

You have until Sept 11th 2012 13:00 UTC to test and report back before
we commit to releasing the current build. As this deadline approaches,
if you notice a particular platform that hasn't been tested, please
give it a quick spin if you can.

Please email this list directly with results or if you have any
questions. Keep in mind that an email saying "I tested TBB on Debian
Wheezy and found no bugs" is just as useful as a list of issues.

For testing ideas, see the BuildSignoff wiki page and the Tor Browser
Bundle design document for information about different types of tests
you can perform:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/build/BuildSignoff#DocumentationChecklist
https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/#Testing

Thank you for helping us make the Tor Browser Bundle better. Again,
please don't hesitate to email if you have questions. If you have any
suggestions on things we can do better, please let us know.

--
Runa A. Sandvik