[tor-qa] TBB-alpha QA v2.3.20-alpha-1

Colin C. admin at insecure-complexity.com
Thu Aug 9 03:03:09 UTC 2012

Testing: tor-browser-gnu-linux-x86_64-2.3.20-alpha-1-dev-en-US.tar.gz
Platform: Fedora 17
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz

TBB Launches successfully - OK
Connects to the Tor network - OK
Browser toolbars and menus work. Tab dragging works. - OK
DNS - No leaks observed (wireshark)

All extensions are present and functional -  OK
 - HTTPS-Everywhere 3.0development.5
 - NoScript 2.5
 - TorButton 1.4.6

WebBrowsing works as expected - OK
 - HTTP, HTTPS, .onion browsing works
 - HTML5 videos work
 - ip-check.info - OK
 - samy.pl/evercookie - OK (new identity clears cookie)
 - html5demos.com/web-socket - Not Connected / Socket Closed

Other issues - None

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Mike Perry <mikeperry at torproject.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> We have new bundles available with a Tor release candidate (0.2.3.20-rc)
> and new Tor Browser Bundles with a Firefox crash fix applied. Please try
> to give us feedback within the next 36 hours at a maximum, but we'd
> sincerely appreciate feedback before that because we really want to get
> the release candidate widely tested as soon as possible. Windows testing
> is especially important, as the 0.2.3.x tor client has not had very much
> exposure to that platform yet.
>
> You can find the alpha bundles themselves for Linux, Mac OSX, and
> Windows at: https://people.torproject.org/~erinn/qa/alpha/torbrowser/
>
> In the parent directory you can also find an obfsproxy build, which
> would also be useful to report feedback for:
> https://people.torproject.org/~erinn/qa/alpha/obfsproxy/
>
> You have until Aug 9th 2012 13:00 UTC to test and report back before
> we commit to releasing the current build. As this deadline approaches,
> if you notice a particular platform that hasn't been tested, please give
> it a quick spin if you can.
>
> Please email this list directly with results or if you have any
> questions. Keep in mind that an email saying "I tested TBB on Debian
> Wheezy and found no bugs" is just as useful as a list of issues. I think
> my own personal favorite response format so far was:
> https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-qa/2012-June/000004.html but
> as always feel free to innovate and improve on that. Note: I'm pretty
> sure we don't need your specific CPU string, only x86 vs x64.
>
> For testing ideas, see the BuildSignoff wiki page and the TBB design
> document for information about different types of tests you can perform:
>
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/build/BuildSignoff#DocumentationChecklist
> https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/#Testing
>
> In particular, the crash bug from the last alpha appeared on
> http://ip-check.info/ and http://news.bbc.co.uk.
>

> Thank you for helping us make the Tor Browser Bundle better. Again,
> please don't hesitate to email if you have questions. If you have any
> suggestions on things we can do better, please let me know.
>

> --
> Mike Perry

- Phoul