[tor-project] sajolida's monthly status report, April 2024

sajolida sajolida at pimienta.org
Wed May 1 20:49:19 UTC 2024

End of March, I started another short contract with Tor to help with:

- S09: Analysis of the user research from the Privacy Resilience Grants
- S131: Mullvad Browser system installer
- S101: Usability testing of Tor VPN

In April,

- S09

   Finished preparing the material for the user research and
   onboarded the 3 partners who are going to do the research in East
   Africa in April-May.

   * Desirability study of new illustrations:
     https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/ux/research/-/issues/137

   * Card sorting on support-dot-menu:
     https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/ux/research/-/issues/8

- S131

   Helped @pierov and @ruihildt with their discussion on the Mullvad
   Browser installer and drew 2 iterations of mockups for the whole flow.

https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/mullvad-browser/-/issues/200

- S101

   Discussed a timeline and scope for the usability tests and
   drafted tasks and interview questions.

   https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/ux/research/-/issues/69

   The tests are scheduled for May 20-26 in Mexico City, while you're all
   busy in Portugal :)

   Prepared a screening survey and started recruiting for the tests.

   Tested 0.5.0 and 0.6.0 and reported 3 important bugs that should be
   fixed before we do the usability tests.

   * https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/vpn/-/issues/158
   * https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/vpn/-/issues/159
   * https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/vpn/-/issues/160