[tor-project] Nina’s Monthly Status Report: December 2023

Nina nina13 at riseup.net
Mon Jan 8 11:54:44 UTC 2024

Hi! Below is my December’23 report!

In December, I resolved 570 tickets:
On Telegram (@TorProjectSupportBot) - 410
On RT (frontdesk at tpo) - 150
On WhatsApp (+447421000612) - 5
and on Signal (+17787431312) - 5

In December, we had an issue with bridges not working for the users with
OS Windows 7 [1]. The issue was caused by the most recent Go toolchain
update, that discontinued Windows 7 support and affected many
Russianspeakingusers. We had more than 20 user requests regarding this
issuein less than 24 hours. The problem was solved with an emergency Tor
Browser desktop-only release 13.0.8 [2].

This month, we were still getting requests from OPPO users concerned
that Tor Browser does not work on their devices [3].

In December, I also:

 1. Helped Russian-speaking users to bypass censorship: shared bridges,
    helped with troubleshooting;

 2. Collected user feedback on Tor circumvention settings and apps;

 3. Helped to solve Windows-related Tor Browser issues like antivirus
    software blocking Tor Browser or non-ASCII characters in your
    username or lack of admin or escalated privileges to install and run
    Tor Browser.

[1]
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/42179
[2] https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-tor-browser-1308/