[tor-project] sajolida's monthly status report, December 2023

sajolida sajolida at pimienta.org
Wed Jan 3 17:54:22 UTC 2024

In December, I started a short contract with Tor to help prepare the
user research for Phase 7 of Sponsor 9 until early February:

https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/ux/research/-/issues/128

In December, I did an inventory of user research techniques that could
be well suited to the limitations and opportunities of outsourcing user
research during trainings and discussed them with the UX team:

- https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/ux/research/-/work_items/129

Then, I explored a bit more our top 3 candidate research activities:

- I brainstormed on how a diary study of Tor Browser could work:

   https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/ux/research/-/work_items/132

- I prototyped a desirability study of @nicob's new illustrations:

   https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/ux/research/-/work_items/133

- I prototyped a card sorting to reorganize support.torproject.org:

   https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/ux/research/-/issues/8

I also researched how to create a demographics questionnaire that people
call fill up either online or offline and that make data gathering and
reporting easier for us. We might use either a PDF form or LimeSurvey:

https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/ux/research/-/work_items/130

The next step on both fronts is to decide with the UX Team on which 2
user research activities to pursue and which technology to use for the
demographics questionnaire.

--
sajolida