[tor-project] Tor at the Global Gathering Feira

isabela fernandes isabela at torproject.org
Thu Sep 14 08:20:27 UTC 2023

Hello community!

Many Tor people will be at the Feira, we are looking forward to hanging out
with y'all soon! We will be hosting conversation circles at our Onion table
:) right in front of our booth. Here is the schedule:

Friday Sept 15:

   - 14:00-15:00 -> *How to contribute to the Tor project* -> Our welcoming
   circle! Come meet Tor people and learn more about the project and how you
   can contribute to it.
   - 17:00-18:00 -> *Shaping the Tor advocates program* -> We are starting
   to organize a “Tor advocates program” and we want to host a circle for
   people who train others on Tor to learn about this idea and give us
   feedback on it.

Saturday Sept 16:

   - 15:30-16:30 -> *Sharing between anti-censorship tools builders* -> We
   would like to invite other people working on building anti-censorship tools
   for a circle to share and build collaboration.
   - 17:00-18:00 ->* Experience of censored users* -> Members of our
   Anti-Censorship team will be hosting a circle for users to come and share
   their experience using our circumvention tools so we can learn what is
   working and how to improve what is not working.

Sunday Sep 17:

   - 14:00-15:00 ->* Sharing lesson on usability research / user needs*
   -> We made big changes at Tor to have the user as the center of everything
   we do. In 2017 we started to implement usability research as the key
   director for our decisions on development and organization strategy. We
   would like to share about what we learned during this process and how it
   has been beneficial to us.
   - 17:00-18:00 -> *NoScript conversation* -> NoScript is a critical piece
   of privacy online that every user interacts with. At this circle the
   creator of NoScript will be sharing information about the project’s status
   and future plans. We would like to invite you to join the conversation to
   share your feedback or ask questions about NoScript and its integration in
   the Tor Browser.

Looking forward to seeing you!
cheers,
isabela