[tor-project] Rhatto's Monthly Status Report, October 2023

rhatto rhatto at torproject.org
Wed Nov 1 12:54:13 UTC 2023

Hi all :)

This is my monthly status report for October 2023 with the main relevant
activities I have done during the period.

## 0. Research

### Onion Plan

* Renamed section "Roadmaps" to "Scenarios", since The Onion Plan is not an
  authoritative instance for defining roadmaps. Instead, it merely produces
  research studies and scenarios:
  https://tpo.pages.torproject.net/onion-services/onionplan

* Started to work again on Onion Discovery, trying to draft a plan for it.
  More info about discovery is available at
  https://tpo.pages.torproject.net/onion-services/onionplan/proposals/usability/discovery/
  https://tpo.pages.torproject.net/onion-services/onionplan/scenarios/discovery/

* Other minor improvements.

### Tor Browser Quality Assurance for Onion Services

* Did a presentation during the Applications Team meetup:
  https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/team/-/wikis/Goteburg-2023-Meeting-Notes/onion-services

* Ongoing QA activities.

## 1. Development

### Onionbalance

* Basic maintenance, including contact info update, fixing the GitHub mirror,
  adding GitLab CI and other improvements to avoid bit rotting:
  https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/onion-services/onionbalance/activity

### Onion MkDocs

* General enhancements:
  https://gitlab.torproject.org/rhatto/onion-mkdocs/activity

## 2. Support

### Maintenance

* Ongoing sponsored work with deployment, maintenance and monitoring of Onion
  Services.

## 3. Organization

Time spent (from the total available for Tor-related work):

--
Silvio Rhatto
pronouns he/him