[tor-project] PieroV's Monthly Status Report, April 2023

Pier Angelo Vendrame pierov at torproject.org
Tue May 2 09:27:50 UTC 2023

Hi everyone!
Here is my status report for April 2023.

At the beginning of the month, Mullvad Browser was released 🎉️!
So, I answered several technical questions about it and reviewed some of
the issues we received. I also solved some quick ones.
Also, I rebased both Tor Browser and Mullvad Browser to 102.10esr and
created the first 12.5 alpha branch for Mullvad Browser.
I was the second builder for Tor Browser 12.5a5, which made us find
another DMG reproducibility problem [0]. A merge request to fix it is
pending review.

Another task was continuing with some Torbutton refactors. I want to
move the code out of the big legacy commit and refactor it.
I created a first merge request that targets the first 13.0 branch for
the changes on the domain isolator/new circuit button [1].
However, I am pausing the refactor to focus again on upstreaming patches
[2]. In a week, Firefox 115 is going to Nightly, and we are starting the
ESR rebase for 13.0. This will give us two additional months to work on
it, for a total of 5 months before 102 goes EOL.
I think I will spend this month on this.

Finally, last week I was at the Costa Rica in-person meeting [3].

Best,
Pier

[0]
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/41737