[tor-project] Tails report for February 2023

intrigeri intrigeri at boum.org
Tue Mar 14 16:14:32 UTC 2023

Hi,

Tails report for February 2023 <https://tails.boum.org/news/report_2023_02/>

  Highlights

  *

    @bokonon <https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/bokonon>joined our team, as
    our Fundraising Lead. bokonon will help us develop and grow our
    fundraising initiatives, to support the work we do to accomplish
    ourmission <https://tails.boum.org/contribute/mission/>.

  *

    We prepared usability tests planned in Ecuador in March.

  Releases

Wereleased Tails 5.10 on February 16
<https://tails.boum.org/news/version_5.10/index.en.html>.

As part of our focus on polishing user experience, Tails now asks for
confirmation when starting without unlocking the Persistent Storage.
Because we humans sometimes forget stuff. It's OK :)

Tails 5.10 fixed a few problems introduced in Tails 5.8 in December, and
some more:

  *

    Fixed another case of Persistent Storage not activating. (#19432
    <https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/issues/19432>)

  *

    Avoid opening the Persistent Storage settings each time after login.
    (#19410 <https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/issues/19410>)

  *

    Solve a possible privilege escalation through a symlink attack.

  Metrics

Tails has been started more than 652 918 times this month. This makes
23 318 boots a day on average.