[tor-project] Joydeep's Monthly Status Report for February 2023

Joydeep Sen Gupta championquizzer at torproject.org
Mon Mar 6 22:29:26 UTC 2023

Hello everyone!

Here are my updates from February. In total, I resolved 626 tickets
across our email, telegram, whatsapp and signal user support channels.

I am happy and excited to share that we launched[1] our user support
channel on WhatsApp last month! I helped with the planning, pre-release
testing and updating[2] some of our support documentation in relation to
this.

Continuing my work with users in places where Tor is censored, I was
able to gather some valuable feedback from users. Owing to some of this
feedback, I along with Nina (@nina13), added information about bridge-moji[3] as a
means to verify whether the intended bridge lines have been entered
by the user successfully.

Also made a very small documentation update to our manual[4] with the
latest Tor Browser 12.0.3 release.

Now, a look at our user support channels:

Timeline: 01 - 28 February 2023

# Frontdesk

tickets created: 684
tickets resolved: 625

Most frequent tickets by numbers:

1. 289 RT Tickets - Private Bridge requests from China

2. 49 RT Tickets - How to use a Tor Bridge in Russia

3. 18 RT Tickets - Circumventing censorship with Tor in Iran

# Telegram, WhatsApp and Signal Support channel (cdr.link)

tickets resolved: 588

The most frequent tickets we received have been about:

1. 142 tickets: Circumventing censorship in Russia

2. 90 tickets: Circumventing censorship in Turkmenistan

3. 84 tickets: Circumventing censorship in Iran

4. 31 tickets - Circumventing censorship in China

# Tor Forum

Most popular topics in the Support category (in terms of number of
views):

1. "Guard is failing a very large amount of circuits"[5]

2. "SSH over Tor including unto Onion Service"[6]

3. "Tor Browser Android >> Cannot install Add-ons if language any other
than English"[7]

4. "Why is the telegram account publishing bridges in the open!?"[8]

5. "Relay or Bridge? What are the Network needs for the moment"[9]

Thanks,

-- Joydeep

[1]: https://blog.torproject.org/meeting-you-where-you-are-we-added-whatsapp-user-support/
[2]: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/web/support/-/issues/321