[tor-project] Rhatto's Monthly Status Report, January 2023

rhatto rhatto at torproject.org
Wed Feb 1 17:16:26 UTC 2023

Hi all :)

This is my monthly status report for January 2023 with the main activities I
have done during the period.

## 0. Onion Launchpad, a landing page helper for accessing Onion Services

* Semi-automated GitHub deployments:

  Onion Launchpad now comes with a handy script to configure a repository and
  build a landing page on GitHub.

  More information at
  https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/onion-services/onion-launchpad#github-deployments

* Analytics gathering using the Matomo API:
  * This is disabled by default.
  * Basic analytics can be sent to a backend Matomo or Clean Insights endpoint.
  * Gathering is opt-in through a consent UX.
  * Upcoming changes will include a customizable Privacy Policy URL.

  More information at
  https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/onion-services/onion-launchpad/-/blob/main/README.md#analytics

* Misc fixes and enhancements.

## 2. Sponsor 123

I've also done the regular Sponsor 123 deployments, monitoring, maintenance and
development.

--
Silvio Rhatto
pronouns he/him