[tor-project] Rhatto's Monthly Status Report, October 2022

rhatto rhatto at torproject.org
Fri Nov 4 15:37:39 UTC 2022

Hi all :)

This is my monthly status report for October 2022.

Main activities during the period:

0. Documentation:

  * Improved documentation about Onion Services UX enhancements. Now these
    docs are more organized to help research and discussion:

    https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/onion-services/onion-support/-/wikis/Documentation/OnionPlan/Usability
    https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/onion-services/onion-support/-/issues/64

  * Created a small timeline to track the major changes/developments in the
    Onion Services technology:

    https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/onion-services/onion-support/-/wikis/Documentation/Timeline

    I'd like to have some suggestions on what to include, with references if possible :)

1. [Onion Plan][]:

  * Drafted a roadmap proposal for making Onion Services easier to deploy,
    maintain, and advertise.

  * It's a follow up from the Onion Plan session from September:
    https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/team/-/wikis/202209MeetingOnionPlan

  * The idea is to release this plan when it's ready to gather general
    feedback.

2. [Onion Launchpad][], an Onion Service landing page template:

  * Created an automation script for deploying instances on GitLab:
    https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/onion-services/onion-launchpad/-/merge_requests/51

3. Usual Sponsor 123 deployments and maintenance.

[Onion Plan]: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/onion-services/onion-support/-/wikis/Documentation/OnionPlan
[Onion Launchpad]: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/onion-services/onion-launchpad

--
Silvio Rhatto