[tor-project] PieroV's Monthly Status Report, April 2022

Pier Angelo Vendrame pierov at torproject.org
Tue May 3 13:22:51 UTC 2022

Hi everyone!
Here is my status report for April 2022.

As anticipated last month, I continued working on the about:torconnect
page and on about:preferences#connection.
We have merged the first revision, which you can find on the latest
alphas of Tor Browser 11.5! Any feedback is more than welcome 😄️.
But we have not stopped there, and we prepared a second iteration, which
is being reviewed [1].

Apart from this, I have worked on Tor Browser for Android for the rest
of the month.
We really had a lot of trouble with the rebase to Geckoview/Android
Components/Fenix v99. You can read the whole story on
tor-browser-build#40446 [2].
It should solve the crash that some users reported to us. We are sorry
it took us so long to fix them.
I have also already rebased everything for a v99-base stable of Tor
Browser for Android 11.0, and I hope to begin its preparation soon.
However, Firefox 100 is coming soon. Therefore, I worked for a
v100-based TBA in April last week [3].
In addition to the updates, my working branch makes the QA-signed build
compatible with Android R+ [4].

Thanks,
Pier

[1]