[tor-project] Rhatto's Monthly Status Report, February 2022

rhatto rhatto at torproject.org
Fri Mar 4 21:07:21 UTC 2022

Hi all :)

This is my monthly status report for February 2022.

Main activities during the period:

0. Onboarding:

   It was my first month at Tor and I did a bunch of onboarding & research
   tasks that are summarized here:
   https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/team/-/issues/57

2. Sponsor 123:

   Bootstrapping tasks, including kickoff and discovery meetings.

3. Started the Oniongroove repository as a follow up from the Onion SRE
   notes sent previously:

   https://gitlab.torproject.org/rhatto/oniongroove/
   https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2022-February/003288.html

   Draft specs are currently available at the feature/specs branch,
   under heavy development and soon to be rebased/merged into the main branch.
   When that happens, they will probably be ready for review/comments/suggestions.

   Please let me know if you have references and recommendations about
   Onion Services setup, deployment and best practices :)

4. Security policy:

   Assigned myself into drafting a security policy (currently in the backlog):
   https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/team/-/issues/41

   I'm looking for examples and references on the topic :)

--
Silvio Rhatto
pronouns he/him