[tor-project] PieroV's monthly status report

Pier Angelo Vendrame pierov at torproject.org
Tue Mar 1 09:49:25 UTC 2022

Hi everyone!
Here is my status report for February 2022.

This month I continued working on the Tor Browser connection
preferences. I was also assigned the related changes on the
about:torconnect page.
All the updates are on the merge request (tor-browser!254
<https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/merge_requests/254>).
As you can see, we are taking care of every detail 💫! And we will
continue working on it also in March.

Another change I worked on is the HTTPS-only mode (tor-browser#19850
<https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/19850>).
With it, HTTPS-Everywhere will not be needed anymore. However, we want
to keep .tor.onion aliases working. Therefore, recently I worked on a
replacement for this extension (tor-browser#40458
<https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/40458>).
I will continue working on it in March.

Finally, I reviewed some merge requests (the 91.6 rebases and
torbutton!72
<https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/torbutton/-/merge_requests/72>
to show IPv6 addresses on circuit display) and worked a little bit on
Tor Browser tests.

And that is all for February 🙂.

Thanks,
Pier