[tor-project] Online Tor's hackweek from June 27th to July 1st

Gaba gaba at torproject.org
Wed Jun 8 23:40:34 UTC 2022

Hi!

The Tor Project and Tor community is going to be gathering online from
June 27th to July 1st this year for a 5 days hackweek.

This is a call for projects for whoever wants to participate, put
together a team and hack through that last week of June with us. In the
context of this hackweek, a project is anything related to Tor that you
can work with other people in 5 days. It could be a coding project or
something to analyze data but it could also be a cartoon or anything
that do not necessary requires coding skills. You will work on this
project during 5 days with other people in your team. At the end we are
going to have a demo in a Big Blue Button's room where your team will
present the work you did through the week.

This will be the timeline for the hackweek this year:

     June 9th: Send hackweek project proposals to this portal:
https://hackweek.onionize.space/hackweek/. Before hackweek begins, start
looking for other people to join your team.

     Monday, June 27th: Hackweek begins. The liasions for each project
will present their projects in a BBB room published that day. By this
time, you should have a few members of your team already identified.

     Hack hack hack hack... in whatever way you organize yourself. We
will have the room #tor in irc.oftc.net to discuss general hackweek things.

     Friday, July 1st: Hackweek ends. Each team presents the work they
did in a BBB room.

We will be updating the list of projects in
https://hackweek.onionize.space/hackweek/schedule/ . Each project will
have one pad (you can use https://pad.riseup.net) with all information
that people need to add themselves to that project.

cheers,
gaba