[tor-project] PieroV's Monthly Status Report, May 2022

Pier Angelo Vendrame pierov at torproject.org
Wed Jun 1 09:24:07 UTC 2022

Hi everyone!
Here is my status report for May 2022.

Part of my work this month was again on Android.
I finally resolved the crash we had for a while [0] in 11.0.13, or so I
hope 😁. So far, all users have told us that they do not encounter that
problem anymore, so please let us know if it is not the case for you.
I also helped prepare and release the two releases and the two alphas we
had this month (11.0.12, 11.0.13, 11.5a10, and 11.5a12).
Other improvements on my side are that now testbuilds are single
architecture (so they are much faster to build) [1], and all the QA APKs
we produce are now compatible with Android 10+ [2].

For desktop, I updated some of our patches to make them easier to
upstream to Firefox, and I have already sent them to Mozilla [3].
Some were accepted, some are still being reviewed, and a pair was rejected.
I also set everything up to include an offline copy of the Tor Browser
manual in the bundle and accessible within the browser [4].
Finally, I fixed some minor issues on the work done in the previous
months on the about:torconnect page and on the connection settings.

Thanks,
Pier

[0] https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/fenix/-/issues/40212
[1]