[tor-project] Network Team - Upcoming 0.3.5.18 tor.git release - January 2022

David Goulet dgoulet at torproject.org
Tue Jan 18 18:23:03 UTC 2022

Greetings everyone!

This week, the network team will release (likely on Friday) tor 0.3.5.18 (from
tor.git, not arti ;) which will also be the very last version of the LTS
0.3.5.x series.

On February 1st 2022, 0.3.5.x will be end-of-life and so this will close the
chapter of this LTS in favor of the 0.4.5.x series as the latest LTS.

You can find our release schedule here:
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/team/-/wikis/NetworkTeam/CoreTorReleases

(Keep in mind that it is a best effort and not everything on that page is set
in stone.)

As a reminder, 0.4.7.x is still in alpha stage as we are finalizing network
congestion control which is quite large and complex. We will only release a
stable when we consider it ready for which we are very hopeful to be well
within the first half of 2022. Keep an eye out!

Upcoming version:
  - 0.3.5.18

@network-team: It is _now_ a good time to start reviewing changes/ files:

  https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/tree/release-0.3.5/changes

Last, we've asked the directory authorities to recommend this new version some
minutes ago.

Cheers!
David

--
4+F4wjk7FBUF50LsbGBE3Mdsr5O7ugc/Fs02hg+sIf4=