[tor-project] Network Team - Upcoming tor.git 0.4.7.4-alpha release - February 2022

David Goulet dgoulet at torproject.org
Wed Feb 23 18:12:17 UTC 2022

Greetings,

Network team will be releasing on Friday a new alpha (0.4.7.4-alpha) but this
one is very special, it is the first alpha with the gigantic congestion
control work in it.

  https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/issues/40405
  https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/torspec/-/blob/main/proposals/324-rtt-congestion-control.txt

There are also couple important fixes for relay operators running alphas and
so we will recommend to upgrade.

With this alpha, we hope to get to a release candidate very soon and then onto
the long awaited 0.4.7 stable in around 2-3 months.

Upcoming versions:
  - 0.4.7.4-alpha

@network-team: It is _now_ a good time to start reviewing changes/ files:

  https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/tree/main/changes

Last, we've asked the dirauth to recommend these versions few minutes ago.

Cheers!
David

--
hn/Y6tIdc7o83Kubm4tb7kwGg3cVfoop1AQ3QAX8UkA=