[tor-project] Community Team meeting notes - February 07 2022

gus gus at torproject.org
Mon Feb 7 21:09:10 UTC 2022

Hi,

Here's our meeting log:
http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2022/tor-meeting.2022-02-07-13.59.log.html

Next meeting: Monday, February 14, 2022 - 1400 UTC

Weekly meetings, every Monday at 14:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress)

## Goal of this meeting

Weekly checkin about the status of Community Team work at Tor.

## Links to Useful documents

* Relay operators - Tor 0.3.5.x EOL:
https://forum.torproject.net/t/tor-relays-tor-0-3-5-x-is-unsupported-please-upgrade/1989

## Discussion

* welcome rhatto
* Workshop - Relay operator sysadmin 101  (gman):
    https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/relays/-/issues/36
* Tor training with human rights defenders in brazil and mexico (March - April)
* announcement: Chinese (TW, HK) website releases upcoming!

## Updates

Gus:

    This week:
        - S30 - organizing Tor training in Brazil and Mexico
        - Outreachy: following up the relay operators interviews with
          Miko
        - Outerachy: reviewing relay operators personas
        - Working on the Training partners page:
          https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/web/community/-/merge_requests/149
        - Monitoring telegram bridges health:
          https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/support/-/issues/40054
        - Network health EOL work with GeKo
        - Following up with Rhatto and onion services deployment plan
    Help with:
         - Something you need help with.

Joydeep:

    This week:
      - Evaluate Discourse trust levels
        (https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/support/-/issues/40060)
      - Tor Browser support work (pending release)
      - Review some articles/templates on RT

Miko:

    Last week:
        - Worked on multiple reports
        - Finished our first interview with a Relay Operator
    This week:
        - Working on rough mockups
        - Blog posts - Gamification pt 3, My Personal Job Opportunities
          blog post
    Help with:
        - Setting up more interviews with Relay Operators

Nina:

Last week:
    - User support on Telegram and RT. We hit 500 hunderd tickets on
      Telegram
    - Took part in the meeting
    - Added one more template on Telegram on how to download Tor Browser
This week
    - User support on Telegram and RT

Rhatto:
    Last week:
        - Onboarding:
          https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/team/-/issues/57
    This week:
        - S123 - Onion Services SRE Kickstart Meeting
        - Continue on onboarding tasks
    Help with:
        - Forking projects on Gitlab:
          https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/tpa/gitlab/-/issues/118