[tor-project] Tails report for September 2021

sajolida sajolida at pimienta.org
Tue Oct 12 20:11:41 UTC 2021

Tails report for August, 2021 <https://tails.boum.org/news/report_2021_08/>

  Releases

In august, we released 4.22~rc1 and 4.22
<https://tails.boum.org/news/version_4.22/index.en.html>. Having a
release candidate helped us gather feedback from users to build a more
solid 4.22. Enjoy it!

Tails 4.23 is scheduled for October 5
<https://tails.boum.org/contribute/calendar/>.

  Highlights of the month

  *

    We migrated our XMPP chat rooms
    <https://tails.boum.org/support/talk/index.en.html> to
    |disroot.org|. You do /not/ need to have a disroot.org account to
    join us on the talk chat, any XMPP account is fine. XMPP chat room
    is only used for users' mutual help, and is not always monitored by
    our help desk. Write an email if you want to talk with Tails' help desk.

  *

    The Foundations Team
    <https://tails.boum.org/contribute/working_together/roles/foundations_team/>
    met for a sprint, which resulted in many bugs being fixed and
    features being added. You can taste some of them in 4.22
    <https://tails.boum.org/news/version_4.22/index.en.html>, but some
    of them haven't make it for the current release:

        Improving the time zone selection user interface (#18514
        <https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/issues/18514>).

        Redesigning Persistent Storage setting (#17803
        <https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/issues/17803>).

  *

    Our joint proposal with Tor to DRL has been accepted. This will help
    us do more user research and implement UX improvements.

  *

    We added Word Solver as a sponsor
    <https://tails.boum.org/sponsors/index.en.html>.

  *

    We are improving the speed of our Continous Integration
    infrastructure. This is not immediately visible to users, but helps
    making Tails' development more enjoyable and sustainable.

  Metrics

  * Tails has been started more than 675,177 times this month. This
    makes 22,505 boots a day on average.

How do we know this?
<https://tails.boum.org/support/faq/index.en.html#boot-statistics>

--