[tor-project] minutes from the sysadmin meeting

Antoine Beaupré anarcat at torproject.org
Tue Oct 12 18:09:11 UTC 2021

Hi!

TPA had a meeting again, so here are the minutes!

# Roll call: who's there and emergencies

anarcat, gaba, kez, lavamind

# OKRs and 2022 roadmap

Each team has been establishing their own Objectives and Key Results
(OKRs), and it's our turn. Anarcat has made a draft of five OKRs that
will be presented at the October 20th all hands meeting.

We discussed switching to this process for 2022 and ditch the previous
roadmap process we had been using. The OKRs would then become a set of
objectives for the first half of 2022 and be reviewed mid-year.

The concerns raised were that the OKRs lack implementation details
(e.g. linked tickets) and priorities (ie. "Must have", "Need to have",
"Non-objectives"). Anarcat argued that implementation details will be
tracked in GitLab Milestones linked from the OKRs. Priorities can be
expressed by ordering the Objectives in the list.

We observed that the OKRs didn't have explicit objectives for the web
part of TPA, and haven't found a solution to the problem yet. We have
tried adding an objective like this:

> Integrate web projects into TPA
>
> 1. TPA is triaging the projects lego, ...?
> 2. increase the number of projects that deploy from GitLab
> 3. create and use gitlab-ci templates for all web projects

... but then realised that this should actually happen in 2021-Q4.

At this point we ran out of time. anarcat submitted [TPA-RFC-13][] to