[tor-project] Questions about Tor reproducibility

Tom Ritter tom at ritter.vg
Mon Nov 22 14:41:53 UTC 2021

Hey Gunner!

Besides what boklm said; there have been some proposals for including
browser update hashes in the consensus for additional trust, as a form
of Binary Transparency type thing.
https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/proposals/227-vote-on-package-fingerprints.txt

Firefox as built by Mozilla is also reproducible, but the scale
between Tor Browser and Firefox is quite large so it's a very
different kind of 'reproducible'.

-tom