[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 20 May 2021

Cecylia Bocovich cohosh at torproject.org
Thu May 20 18:46:30 UTC 2021

Hey everyone,

Here are our meeting logs:


and our meeting pad:

Anti-censorship work meeting pad

Next meeting: Thursday May 20th 16:00 UTC

Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress)

== Goal of this meeting ==

Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.

== Links to Useful documents ==

    Our anti-censorship roadmap:


    The anti-censorship team's wiki page:


    Past meeting notes can be found at:


    Tickets that need reviews:  from sponsors we are working on:

    All needs review tickets:

    Sponsor 30





    Sponsor 28

    must-do tickets:

    possible tickets:

    Public bug-reporting pad:

    https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-bugs-keep <-- we have
anonymous tickets handling now. Let's see which anti-censorship repos to

== Announcements ==

== Discussion ==

    ok to merge snowflake!38 with attribution to dcf?

    yes, it's ok

    many clients need NAT-unrestricted proxies, but there aren't enough
of them to go around

    likely the cause of e.g.
'Esp. on iOS, I always seem to get only the "unrestricted" types.'

    thinking of doing a community push for people to install the
standalone go proxy on VPS to get more unrestricted snowflakes

    we could also increase the default capacity of the standalone
bridges (currently is 10)

    docker image for snowflake proxy?

    we have already at



    recent discussion at

== Actions ==

== Interesting links ==


== Reading group ==

    We will discuss "" on

    Questions to ask and goals to have:

    What aspects of the paper are questionable?

    Are there immediate actions we can take based on this work?

    Are there long-term actions we can take based on this work?

    Is there future work that we want to call out, in hopes that others
will pick it up?

== Updates ==

    This week:
        - What you worked on this week.
    Next week:
        - What you are planning to work on next week.
    Help with:

         - Something you need help with.

cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2020-05-20
Last week:
    - added community pages for setting up snowflake proxies
    - added a cronjob on polyanthum to restart bridgestrap dail to avoid
the bug where tor's PT process exits and can't restart
    - met to talk about snowflake refactors
    - preparation for and attending the s28 PI meeting
    - reviews
    - helped with a BridgeDB deployment and updated the survival guide
This week:
    - revise snowflake!36
    - more performance investigations for snowflake#40026
    - read up on arlo's work on snowflake#26092

arlolra: 2021-05-20

    Last week:


    Next week:

    - Maybe more !39

    Help with:

    - !37

    - !39

dcf: 2021-05-20

    Last week:

    - reviewed prometheus metrics refactoring

    Next week:

    - main branch name change in goptlib

    - rebase and merge resource leak fix

    Help with:

Antonela: 2020-08-27

    This week:


    Last week:

    -Busy with university stuff

    Next week:

    -Work on bridgebox for rdsys

    -More research on httpt #4

    Help with:


hanneloresx: 2021-3-4

    Last week:

    - Submitted MR for bridgestrap issue #14

    Next week:

    - Finish bridgestrap #14

    - Find new issue to work on

    Help with:


maxb: 2021-04-29

    Last week:

    - Busy w/ life and new job, but been looking at
and working on a Docker-based network testbed POC

    Next week:

    - Really want to have a POC to show/get feedback on

meskio: 2021-05-20

    Last week:

        - release bridgedb
        - CPU issue with snowflake/probetest (snowflake#40039)

    Next week:

    - packaging snowflake (snowflake#19409)

    Help with:


HashikD: 2021-01-22

    This week:


    Next week:


    Help with: -

More information about the tor-project mailing list