[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 06 May 2021

Cecylia Bocovich cohosh at torproject.org
Thu May 13 18:23:55 UTC 2021


Looks like I forgot to send out last week's meeting notes. Here are our


and here is our pad from last week:

Anti-censorship work meeting pad

Next meeting: Thursday May 6th 16:00 UTC

Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress)

== Goal of this meeting ==

Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.

== Links to Useful documents ==

    Our anti-censorship roadmap:


    The anti-censorship team's wiki page:


    Past meeting notes can be found at:


    Tickets that need reviews:  from sponsors we are working on:

    All needs review tickets:

    Sponsor 30





    Sponsor 28

    must-do tickets:

    possible tickets:

    Public bug-reporting pad:

    https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-bugs-keep <-- we have
anonymous tickets handling now. Let's see which anti-censorship repos to

== Announcements ==

    Welcome meskio \o/

== Discussion ==

== Actions ==

    Comment with any last feedback on switching the default branch:


== Interesting links ==

== Reading group ==

    We will discuss "" on

    Questions to ask and goals to have:

    What aspects of the paper are questionable?

    Are there immediate actions we can take based on this work?

    Are there long-term actions we can take based on this work?

    Is there future work that we want to call out, in hopes that others
will pick it up?

== Updates ==

    This week:
        - What you worked on this week.
    Next week:
        - What you are planning to work on next week.
    Help with:

         - Something you need help with.

cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2020-05-06
Last week:
    - s28 prep
    - posted report on Belarus
    - finished snowflake!31 revision
    - wrote a patch to fix goroutine leaks in snowflake server
    - reviewed emma#4
    - more preparation for branch rename (anti-censorship/team#6)
    - reviewed bridgedb gitlab-ci (bridgedb#40012)
    - implemented changes to client-broker messages (snowflake#29293)
    - commented with more background info on snowflake#25592
This week:
    - congestion logging patches for snowflake#40026
    - install our snowflake app on android and try it out for a few days
    - more work in snowflake standalone proxy documentation
Needs help with:
    - review of snowflake!31 (PT v2 Go API)
    - review of snowflake!35 (fix goroutine leak)
    - review of snowflake!36 (update to client-broker messages)
    - review of bridgedb#32276 (moat shim based off goptlib)

arlolra: 2020-10-29

    Last week:


    Next week:

    - getting back up to speed

    - follow ups to #33365

    - start on #31201

    Help with:


dcf: 2021-05-06

    Last week:

    - snowflake CDN bookkeeping

    - commented on resource leaks in snowflake server

    Next week:

    - review switching broker messages to JSON

    - more review of PT v2 patch

    Help with:

Antonela: 2020-08-27

    This week:


    Last week:

    -Busy with university stuff

    Next week:

    -Work on bridgebox for rdsys

    -More research on httpt #4

    Help with:


hanneloresx: 2021-3-4

    Last week:

    - Submitted MR for bridgestrap issue #14

    Next week:

    - Finish bridgestrap #14

    - Find new issue to work on

    Help with:


maxb: 2021-04-29

    Last week:

    - Busy w/ life and new job, but been looking at
and working on a Docker-based network testbed POC

    Next week:

    - Really want to have a POC to show/get feedback on

meskio: 2021-05-06

    Last week:

    - Getting to know the anti censorship team

    - gitlab CI for bridgedb

    - reading about decoy routing (bridgedb#40012)

    Next week:

    - bridgedb distribute obfs4 by default (bridgedb#40011)

    - bridgedb send qr codes over email (bridgedb#40008)

    Help with:


HashikD: 2021-01-22

    This week:


    Next week:


    Help with: -

More information about the tor-project mailing list