[tor-project] Tails report for June 2021

sajolida at pimienta.org sajolida at pimienta.org
Tue Jul 13 14:30:15 UTC 2021

 Tails report for June, 2021 [1]

HIGHLIGHTS

	*

We entirely rewrote and redesigned our very old warnings page [2].

The new warnings page [3] is shorter, easier to understand by less
technical people, less scary, more helpful, and visually attractive. We
also integrated it in our download page [4] so that people can learn
more about tails while waiting for their download.

Read our articles on:

 	* Protecting your identity [5]
 	* Limiations of Tor [6]
 	* Using untrusted computers [7]

	*

We finished making Tails ready for the deprecation of onion services v2
by upgrading to OnionShare 2.2.
	*

We explained that users can reduce the size of the download [8] of
future automatic upgrades by doing a manual upgrade to the latest
version.

	*

We published our finances for 2020 [9].
	*

We documented better MAT and metadata [10].
	*

We documented how to use Dino in Tails [11].

Dino is being considered as an option to replace Pidgin in Tails.

Please report your findings!

METRICS

 	* Tails has been started more than 629 659 times this month. This
makes 20 989 boots a day on average.

How do we know this? [12]

Links:
------