[tor-project] Monthly status report for irl

Iain R. Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Fri Aug 6 13:09:37 UTC 2021

Hi All,

This is my monthly status report for work complete during July 2021 (except the week that I was on vacation).

This month saw the release of metrics-lib 2.18.0. I worked on adding bridgestrap test results into metrics-lib with a view to switching Onionoo's bridge "up/down indicator" to using bridgestrap rather than ORPort testing conducted by the bridge authority. I also reviewed/merged/tested other contibutions in this release.

I have a working implementation of the CollecTor portion of the bridgestrap work, my local development branch can happily archive stats from bridgestrap, although some final remaining issues in bridgestrap itself mean that the deployment has been delayed. In August I plan to release and deploy this new CollecTor module and also complete the changes to Onionoo.

Finally, I have been around in Matrix/IRC to answer Metrics questions and on occasion to provide a little end-user support in #tor. The weekly network health meetings have been suspended, but if you've got any questions about anything I'm working on, just send me an email or chat on Matrix/IRC.

Thanks,
Iain.