[tor-project] May 2021 Tor DEMO Day - (Open) Call for proposals

Gaba gaba at torproject.org
Wed Apr 28 17:31:26 UTC 2021

Hi people,

We are going to have the next DEMO day in May. It is happening at the
end of the month, May 26th @ 1600 UTC.

Feel free to list yourself in the pad.

http://kfahv6wfkbezjyg4r6mlhpmieydbebr5vkok5r34ya464gqz6c44bnyd.onion/p/tor-demo-day-may-2021-keep
https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-demo-day-may-2021-keep

Tor Demo Day - May 26th 2021
===============================

Why?
----
- We want to spice up our remote working routine and also break the
silos between teams.
- Tor Demo Days are a success and we want to share this experience with
the broad Tor community!

How?
----
- We are opening the call for presenters.
- The agenda will be set before the meeting and will be shared with
tor-project.
- We want 5 to 8 minutes length presentations. We will handle questions
at the end of all presentations.
- Slides are allowed, but not mandatory. You may share your screen or a
pre-recorded video if that makes you less anxious.
- We like the adrenaline of the live presentations, but if they wish,
presenters can share pre-recorded videos with us. They should be sent a
few hours in advance and will be lined up and shared with assistants
during the session.
- This is a place where people should feel safe to engage, share their
point of view, and participate. Read our Code of Conduct:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/community/policies.git/tree/code_of_conduct.txt

Who?
----
- Anyone who wants to share what they have been hacking on. It doesn't
need to be a finished feature but a work in progress. It can be small
like a Tor Browser feature or something you have been hacking around Tor
not officially.
- Presenters have 5 to 8 minutes. People can ask questions via text in
the pad for 3 minutes.
- Gaba will moderate at this time. We need volunteers for other DEMO
days in 2021.

Where?
------

At our BBB instance. A public link will be shared the same day of the DEMO.

When?
-----

Wednesday MAY 26th at 1600 UTC

Agenda
- 5 min for the presentation
- 3 min for questions

Questions will be written in text on the pad in any time during the
presentation. Presenters will answer them in audio.

Presentations: ADD HERE THE PROPOSAL YOU HAVE FOR A SHORT PRESENTATION.