[tor-project] 32-bit ARM builds discontinued

Antoine Beaupré anarcat at torproject.org
Wed Apr 21 19:29:38 UTC 2021

Hi,

About two weeks ago, we have disabled the last remaining build box for
our poor old 32 bit ARM builds (armel and armhf). It seems like no one
noticed, but we have failed to do an announcement then so I figured it
was important to let people know that we do not plan on fixing that
situation right now. Those machines are hard to come by (and maintain
remotely) so we want to focus on the better supported ARM64 ecosystem
going forward.

We do support ARM 64 builds through a virtual machine provided by Linaro
right now (thanks!) and would be happy to expand that capacity. Let us
know if you have any ideas on that.

See this ticket for details:

https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/tpa/team/-/issues/32920

A.