[tor-project] Tor's Bug Smash Fund: Fundraising Campaign

Al Smith smith at torproject.org
Thu Sep 17 19:44:45 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Final Bug Smash Fund campaign update: in August, we raised $106,709 that
we will earmark for finding and fixing bugs + performing maintenance!
About 60% of the total raised came in through cryptocurrency.

We're very happy that despite the challenges brought on by COVID-19, and
the cancellation of in-person events where the majority of our donations
were received in 2019's Bug Smash Fund campaign, we were able to meet
*and* surpass our goal.

Thank you for everything you did to help spread the word about this
campaign. It made a huge impact. For more, you can read our closing blog
post: https://blog.torproject.org/tor-bug-smash-fund-2020-106K-raised

Al

Al Smith (they/them)
Fundraising • Communications