[tor-project] September 2020 Tor DEMO Day

Antonela D tor at antonela.me
Wed Sep 16 19:27:23 UTC 2020

Hello Tor,

This is happening at the end of the month! You can present any side
project, main project, work in progress ideas, concepts, and anything that
makes other people excited about what you are building or you are willing
to build around Tor.

Feel free to list yourself in the pad.

https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-monthly-hall-demos-august-september-2020-keep

I hope to see you there!

██████ .███████ ███ ...███ .██████ .███████
██ ██ ██ ████ .████ ██ ██ ██
██ ..██ █████ ..██ ████ ██ ██ ...██ ███████
██ ..██ ██ ..██ ██ ██ ██ ...██ ██
██████ ███████ ██ . .██ ██████ ███████

Why?
----
- We want to spice up our remote working routine and also break the silos
between teams.
- The first edition was a success and we want to share this experience with
the broad Tor community!

How?
----
- We will call for presenters.
- The agenda will be set before the meeting and will be shared with
tor-project.
- We want 5 to 8 minutes length presentations. We will handle questions at
the end of all presentations.
- Slides are allowed, but not mandatory. You may share your screen or a
pre-recorded video if that makes you less anxious.
- We like the adrenaline of the live presentations, but if they wish,
presenters can share pre-recorded videos with us. They should be sent a few
hours in advance and will be lined up and shared with assistants during the
session.

Who?
----
- Anyone who wants to share what they have been hacking on. It doesn't need
to be a finished feature but a work in progress. It can be small like a Tor
Browser feature or something you have been hacking around Tor not
officially.
- Presenters have 5 to 8 minutes. People can ask questions via text in the
pad for 3 minutes.
- Antonela will moderate at this time. We can rotate this role.

Where?
------
During the All Hands Meeting. The room will be shared a few days before the
meeting.

When?
-----
During the All Hands Meeting on Wednesday SEPTEMBER 30TH at 16 UTC

Agenda
------------------------------
d[-_-]b
dj resident @mikeperry
------------------------------
- 5 min for the presentation
- 3 min for questions

Questions will be written in text on the pad at any time during the
presentation. Presenters will answer them in audio.

--
Antonela Debiasi
UX Team Lead

@antonela