[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 03 Sep 2020
phw at torproject.org
Thu Sep 3 16:30:00 UTC 2020
Here are our meeting minutes:
And here is our meeting pad:
Anti-censorship work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday September 3rd 16:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress).
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
* Our anti-censorship roadmap:
* Roadmap: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/anti-censorship/-/boards
* The anti-censorship team's wiki page:
* Past meeting notes can be found at:
* Tickets that need reviews: from sponsors we are working on:
* All needs review tickets: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/anti-censorship/-/merge_requests?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&assignee_id=None
* Sponsor 30
* Sponsor 28
* must-do tickets: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/-/milestones/10
* possible tickets: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/-/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&label_name%5b%5d=Sponsor%2028&milestone_title=None
* Anti-censorship related tickets that we want other teams to fix:
* https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-tickets-keep <-- it will be moved into gitlab with TPO labels
* Public bug-reporting pad:
== Announcements ==
* Please add your August 2020 work highlights to our monthly report:
== Discussion ==
== Actions ==
== Interesting links ==
* How to set up a Tor bridge behind Cloak
== Reading group ==
* We will discuss "HTTPT: A Probe-Resistant Proxy" on Sep 10
* Questions to ask and goals to have:
* What aspects of the paper are questionable?
* Are there immediate actions we can take based on this work?
* Are there long-term actions we can take based on this work?
* Is there future work that we want to call out, in hopes that others will pick it up?
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week.
- Something you need help with.
This week (2020-09-03):
* More progress on our BridgeDB rewrite, now called rdsys.
* Removed default bridge frosty.
* Some wiki maintenance.
* Created new survival guide for Check and moved other survival guides from trac to GitLab.
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2020-08-27
- deployed snowflake#40008
- started snowflake measurements in china to track performance and censorship attempts (snowflake#32657)
- continuous monitoring of NAT situation
- prep for being away next month
- meeting with tunnel bear
Needs help with:
- still need a review of fix for snowflake#21314 (snowflake!9)
- Got very basic "suggested readings" list up and running here : https://jugheadjones10.github.io/anti-censorship-reading/
- Keep studying BridgeDB to write architectural overview
- Open issues here (https://github.com/jugheadjones10/anti-censorship-reading ) for papers/resources/readings that you think might be useful for newcomers
- follow ups to #33365
- start on #31201
- set up the new metrics timeline repo https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/metrics-team/2020-August/001162.html
- more Azure bookkeeping
- had a look at cohosh's snowflake multiplexing branch https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/pluggable-transports/snowflake/-/merge_requests/11
- filed ticket to update translations on snowflake.torproject.org https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/pluggable-transports/snowflake-webext/-/issues/15
- Wrapping Babatunde's research on the use of circumvention tools during internet censorship in Africa. Wrapping Personas for s30 with it.
- We are planning interviews with users in China to run our bridges discovery issues script in real time. We discussed to include TBA + snowflake as a task for users to run over a week or two and report back.
- I still have bridges.tpo to lektor issue open
- More work on UX/UI for TB 10.0/10.5
- Review Salmon related tickets (im late with it!)
-Nothing to add for last week
-Look into #31873
- Start on #33727
- Continue investigating and respond to comments on #32117
- CI/CD pipeline for multiarch docker images, which has a problem
with the apt tor version even though the apt repository have been
changed into the Dockerfile.
- GSoC blog
- Away on exams
Help with: -
More information about the tor-project