[tor-project] User Experience Team monthly meeting notes, September 1st

Antonela D tor at antonela.me
Tue Sep 1 15:17:58 UTC 2020

Hello!

Today's meeting features Babatunde Okunoye, our 2020 OTF ICFP, who has been
researching the use of circumvention tools during African countries'
information controls. Thanks for joining us today, Tunde!

Open IRC meetings happen monthly every first Tuesday of the month 1400 UTC
in #tor-meeting on OFTC.

Next meeting is on* Tuesday, October 6th 1400 UTC in #tor-meeting on OFTC.*

Here are the minutes for the meeting of September 1st:
Log:
http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2020/tor-meeting.2020-09-01-13.59.log.html

Here are the minutes for the meeting of August 4th:
Log:
http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2020/tor-meeting.2020-08-04-13.58.log.html

Here are the minutes for the meeting of July 2nd:
Log:
http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2020/tor-meeting.2020-07-07-13.59.log.html

Pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/1D8sK8Zy74b_0qclC97I-ux-team-monthly-2020-keep

--------------------------
*Tuesday **September* *1s**t 14:00 UTC*
--------------------------

== What projects are we working on? ==

S9 - Usability and Community Intervention on Support for Democracy and
Human Rights

   -
   https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/-/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&label_name
   []=Sponsor%209&label_name[]=UX

S30 - Empowering Communities in the Global South to Bypass Censorship

   -
   https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/-/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&label_name
   []=Sponsor%2030&label_name[]=UX

S58 - Tor Browser Security, Performance, & Usability Improvements

   -
   https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/-/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&label_name
   []=Sponsor%2058&label_name[]=UX

S84 - Onion Guides

   -
   https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/-/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&label_name
   []=Sponsor%2084

== Announcements ==

* Tor Browser 9.5.4 Release

   - https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-tor-browser-954
   - https://torproject.org/download/

* OONI Probe 2.5 Release

   - Desktop > https://ooni.org/install/desktop
   - Mobile > https://ooni.org/install/mobile

== Agenda ==

- Tor Metrics user research - metrics.torproject.org

   -
   https://tools.simplysecure.org/survey/index.php?r=survey/index&sid=39865&lang=en

- Tor Demos when September ends

   -
   https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-monthly-hall-demos-august-september-2020-keep

- ICFP final report: "Understanding the use of tools during Internet
censorship in Africa: Cameroon, Nigeria, Uganda and Zimbabwe as case
studies" with Tunde

- Open floor

== Open Calls == For Design & User Research ==

*Usage of Tor Bridges*
We'll be interviewing users to collect feedback about Tor Bridges Usage. If
you are interested in participating with your community as an interviewee
or researcher, please ping me directly: antonela at torproject.org. My keys
https://www.torproject.org/static/keys/antonela.txt

Thanks,

Antonela Debiasi