[tor-project] Tor's year-end campaign: live!

Al Smith smith at torproject.org
Thu Oct 22 18:34:53 UTC 2020

Hello Tor world!

Today we launched the annual year-end fundraising campaign on behalf of
the Tor Project. This year, our theme is “Use a Mask, Use Tor: Resist
the Surveillance Pandemic.” (You’ve probably seen the campaign graphics
on about:tor already if you’ve upgraded to Tor Browser 10.0.1!)

We chose this theme for our 2020 campaign because we wanted to use a
positive message and speak to the power of community action & care. Use
a mask, use Tor promotes the steps we can all take to combat the virus
by using masks. Wearing a mask protects others. Wearing a mask is about
caring about each other, our community. In the same way, when using Tor,
you are not only protecting your identity and privacy online, but you
are also helping to hide others who are using Tor. After all, anonymity
loves company

To put it simply, using a mask keeps yourself and your communities safe
in person. Using Tor keeps yourself and your communities safe online.
You can read the full justification behind the slogan, and what we plan
to do in 2021 with your support, on our blog:
https://blog.torproject.org/use-a-mask-use-tor

Every donation made from now through the end of 2020 will count towards
our year-end campaign. Be on the lookout for events, giveaways, and new
merch available from now until December 31. Plus -- new swag! See
https://donate.torproject.org for the new t-shirt and hoodie designs.

If you’re not in the position to make a donation, you can help by
sharing this message or amplifying what the Tor Project’s account does
on Twitter / Mastadon / Instagram / LinkedIn / Facebook.

Use a Mask, Use Tor!

Thanks for your support.
Al

--