[tor-project] Outreachy contribution period starting today

gus gus at torproject.org
Thu Oct 8 05:31:52 UTC 2020

Dear Tor Project,

The contribution period for Outreachy[1] is starting today!
Probably you will see new people hanging out on our IRC channels during
this month.

We're running two projects this round (December 2020 / March 2021):

 * Anonymous Ticket Handling - mentor Alex (Ahf)
 * Help Tor Project support our users - mentor Gus (ggus)

If you have time, please answer applicants questions about Tor Project
and make them feel welcome in our community.

Both projects have instructions on Outreachy application page, Ahf,
Gaba, and Gus are online to help.

You can help Outreachies by:

1. Sharing this email with them!

2. Asking them to subscribe to the relevant mailing lists. They can find
all the mailing lists here: https://lists.torproject.org

3. Tell them to register an IRC account, so they can chat with Tor folks
and see what's happening. IRC is a little bit tricky to start, and we
suggest you use an IRC client (for example, Hexchat) and follow the
instructions at https://support.torproject.org/get-in-touch/irc-help/

4. Create an account in https://gitlab.torproject.org.
Ping Gaba or Ahf to create an account for you. They will be available on
#tor-project channel as Gaba and ahf, respectively.

cheers,
Gus

[1] https://www.outreachy.org/
--