[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 21 May 2020

Philipp Winter phw at torproject.org
Thu May 21 16:27:12 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Here are our meeting minutes:

http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2020/tor-meeting.2020-05-21-15.59.html

And here is our meeting pad:

Anti-censorship work meeting pad
--------------------------------

Next meeting: Thursday May 21st 16:00 UTC

Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress).

== Goal of this meeting ==

Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.

== Links to Useful documents ==

    * Our anti-censorship roadmap: https://gitlab.torproject.org/torproject/anti-censorship/roadmap/boards
        * Our roadmap consists of a subset of trac tickets. For 2020 Q1, the trac keyword is anti-censorship-roadmap-2020Q1
    * The anti-censorship team's wiki page: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/AntiCensorshipTeam
    * Past meeting notes can be found at: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/
    * GetTor's roadmap: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/torproject/anti-censorship/gettor-project/-/boards
    * Tickets that need reviews:  from sponsors we are working on:
        * https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/sponsors/Sponsor30
        * https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/sponsors/Sponsor28
    * Anti-censorship related tickets that we want other teams to fix:
        * https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-tickets-keep

== Announcements ==

    *

== Discussion ==

    * Shall we post our monthly report on the blog instead of (or in addition to) the mailing list?

== Actions ==

    *

== Interesting links ==

== Reading group ==

    * We will discuss "Conjure: Summoning Proxies from Unused Address Space" on May 28
        * https://censorbib.nymity.ch/#Frolov2019b
        * Questions to ask and goals to have:
            * What aspects of the paper are questionable?
            * Are there immediate actions we can take based on this work?
            * Are there long-term actions we can take based on this work?
            * Is there future work that we want to call out, in hopes that others will pick it up?

== Updates ==

Name:
    This week:
        - What you worked on this week.
    Next week:
        - What you are planning to work on next week.
    Help with:
         - Something you need help with.

phw:
  This week (2020-05-21):
        * Reviewed #27330.
        * Reviewed and merged #31528. BridgeDB isn't silly anymore.
        * Wrote a patch for #30586 (onionperf).
        * Lots of work on wolpertinger.
            * OONI started using our public endpoint.
            * Made some API improvements.
            * Created API endpoint to POST measurements.
            * Improved authentication thanks to OONI's feedback.
            * Started working on shim that relays between wolpertinger and bridgestrap.
        * Filed #34253 and several S30-related tickets.
        * Set up GetTor email autoresponder test on our monit instance.
        * Wrote a fix for #34154.
        * Made some progress on #34260.
        * Updated BridgeDB translations (not deployed yet though).
        * Checked in on #33945; looks like BridgeDB's email autoresponder is healthy again.
  Next week:
        * Make wolpertinger fetch OONI's test results from S3 bucket.
  Help with:
        * #34154 (extend bridgedb's blockedbridges table)
        * #33945 (fix bridgedb's failed assertion)

cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2020-05-21
Last week:
    - off Monday (public holiday)
    - worked with HashikD on GSoC tasks
    - more work on sponsor 28 evaluation
    - ran a check for STUN servers that support RFC 5780
    - started implementing RFC 5780 support for pion/stun (#34129)
    - some grant writing tasks
This week:
    - Continue work on STUN servers (#34129 and #25591)
    - More work on reviving the twitter responder in GetTor (#33036, #27330)
    - look at old GetTor mirrors (#33893)
    - investigate #33669
    - Follow up on discussions of debian obfs4proxy package
    - translations?
Needs help with:
    - creation of snowflake repo (#34222) from git-admin

juggy :
    This week:
        - Dig into the algorithm for how BridgeDB distributes bridges
    Next week:
        - Implement audio captchas in moat, figure out how to reduce audio captcha request size
        - Keep studying BridgeDB to write architectural overview
    Help with:

arlolra: 2020-05-07
    Last week:
        - webext repo versioning / publishing #34140, #34126, #34132, #34127
    Next week:
        - follow ups to #33365
        - start on #31201
    Help with:
        -

dcf: 2020-05-21
    Last week:
        - helped debug Moat in Tails https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tbb-dev/2020-May/001093.html
        - tried NAT discovery STUN server (#34129)
    Next week:
        - check with Kyle about snowflake fingerprinting results
        - share access to the snowflake broker CDN configuration (#30510)
    Help with:

agix:2020-05-21
    Last week:
        - was held up with university stuff
    Next week:
        - Continue work on #27984 & submit/test first patch
    Help with:
        -

thymbahutymba: 2020-04-02
    Last week:
        - CI/CD pipeline for multiarch docker images, which has a problem
          with the apt tor version even though the apt repository have been
          changed into the Dockerfile.
    Next week:
    Help with:

HashikD: 2020-04-18
    Last week:
            - Learning how to compile the WebRTC library from Google source.
            - Learning the broker API.
            - Implementing to test the WebRTC API into a test project.
            - Getting ICE candidates and forming the SDP on the client-side. (Answer)
    Next week:
            -Learning how to format the SDP (Serialize) to send it to the broker and Deserialize the SDP offer from the broker to assign it to the local descriptor of peer connection.
            - Setting up the project.
    Help with:
            - SDP serialization .