[tor-project] Metrics meeting notes, 21st May 2020

Gaba gaba at torproject.org
Thu May 21 16:14:30 UTC 2020

Hi!

Metrics Meetings are happening every Thursday at 15UTC in #tor-meeting
in irc.oftc.net

Here are the minutes for the meeting of May 21st:

http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2020/tor-meeting.2020-05-21-15.01.html

And here is the pad notes:

Agenda Thursday, May 21st, 15 UTC

OnionPerf project:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/sponsors/Sponsor59

    Update OnionPerf to TGen 1.0.0 (#33974)

    karsten emails jnewsome about getting access to a testing VM.

    requirements are not included in setup.py (#30586)

    acute writes an update on the ticket.

    Analyze unusual distribution of time to extend to first hop in
circuit (#34257)

    dennis started looking at the analysis and will look more.

    karsten tries to get two new hosts in Florida and Amsterdam for
comparison.

    Reduce the number of 50 KiB downloads (#34023)

    karsten comments on the ticket to say that there were no major
concerns at the weekly meeting and that we're doing it.

    Reduce timeout and stallout values (#34024)

    karsten updates the ticket to say that we agree that this is an
improvement, and we're going to do it.

    Allow users to select Onion Service version to measure (#33434)

    asn replied on the ticket.

    Update metrics-web to only plot "official" data (#33397)

    Remove existing Tor control log visualizations (#34214)

    Harmonize TTFB/TTLB definitions with Tor Metrics plots (#34215)

    Fix message logging and filtering (#29369)

    leaving this here as something to pick up for writing code.

    Combine multiple analysis files into single data set (#34191)

    leaving this here as something to pick up for writing code.

    Python style

    anarcat suggested pyflakes3 and black

    acute suggested pylint and yapf

    phw and jnewsome suggested flake8 as being used in bridgedb and shadow

    karsten tries out these tools, and we'll discuss them again next week.

    Reviews

    (tag with metrics-team if needs review)

    karsten adds metrics-team to auto-cc for (new) Metrics/OnionPerf
tickets.

    there are 4 tickets that needs reviewer:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=needs_review&sponsor=Sponsor59-must&order=priority

--
she/her are my pronouns
GPG Fingerprint EE3F DF5C AD91 643C 21BE  8370 180D B06C 59CA BD19