[tor-project] New Contributor

gus gus at torproject.org
Mon May 11 22:14:18 UTC 2020

On Sat, May 09, 2020 at 07:00:27PM -0400, Mruga Shah wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am a Computer Science student at Drexel University and have taken up a
> class that teaches us about Open Source software world. As a part of that
> class, we have to contribute to an open source project and I was really
> interested in working with your project team.
>
> I am writing this email to get myself introduced to the team and get in
> touch so as to get an idea of how I can contribute to the project.
>
> Thank you,
> With Regards
> Mruga Shah

Hi,

There are many ways you can get involved with the Tor Project[0].

As a CS student, take a look at the teams[1], so you can get an overview
of how the Tor Project works.

To start collaborating with Tor, I'd recommend you to join us on IRC[2],
create an account[3] in our bug tracker, subscribe to the mailing lists
and join the team meetings that happens on #tor-meeting.

Gus

[0] https://community.torproject.org
[1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams
[2] https://support.torproject.org/get-in-touch/