[tor-project] Network health meeting notes, 30 Mar 2020

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Tue Mar 31 09:04:23 UTC 2020

Hi!

Yesterday, we had our last weekly meeting in March 2020 in #tor-meeting.
The IRC log can be found at:

http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2020/tor-meeting.2020-03-30-18.00.log.txt

Here come the items from our pad (both statuses and discussion points):

  -Do we have criteria for badexit flag in case of non-malicious
   behavior? See for instance thread on tor-relays

<https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2020-March/018276.html>ff.
   Should we essentially overrule dir-spec here, defining what a(n)
   (good) exit is? [GeKo: it seems we are in favor for creating some
   policy according to which we badexit relays even though they formally
   fulfill the dir-spec requirements; I put that on my plate and loop
   the folks on the network-health list in]

Statuses:

GeKo:
  Last week:
    -sbws work (mainly reviewing #30905)
    -more work on issues encountered with our bad relay scanners (dug a
bit more into #33663; might be a check/exitscanner bug)
    -more work on resource load failures caused by Cloudflare (for the
Coil folks)
    -badexiting relays for #32864; follow-up
  This week:
    -review follow-up patches for #30905, finishing #33009
    -work on #33758 (more fixups/investigations for issues with bad
relay scanners)
    -work on #33696 (integrate badexiting into badconf-entry.py script)
    -more work on exit relay blocking problem (#33500 etc.)
    -monthly team admin stuff
    -ggus: the eff got back to us how should we proceed? [GeKo: ggus
goes over the mail and sets up a pad where we then can collaborate]

Gus:
  Last week:
    - Worked with Steph on tweet/announcement:
https://twitter.com/torproject/status/1243251875601952771
  This week:
    - Review EFF Legal FAQ

Georg