[tor-project] Tor Browser Team Meeting Notes, 23 March 2020
sysrqb at torproject.org
Mon Mar 30 17:35:30 UTC 2020
We held our weekly meeting on 23 March, 2020. The meeting log is
During that meeting we improving our release process and which
responsibilities can be distributed differently across members of the
Week of March 23, 2020
Please tag transition/migration tickets for S58
Dockshackathon this week - Is there anything missing in the Tor Browser Manual we could add during this week?
- #19251 code review
- #33534 (release notes/tickets review)
- Made it halfway through FF74 tickets, should have the ticket short list by EOD
- #33534 -> rest of FF74 and FF75
mcs and brade:
- Code reviews.
- Revised patch for #19251 (onion services error page).
- Helped with #33672 (Force include https-everywhere in incremental mar update).
- Responded to Thomas Klausner (NetBSD) on tbb-dev (Tor Launcher questions).
- Review latest patch for #21952 (Onion-Location).
- Review latest patch for #28005 (.onions in HTTPS-E).
- Review rebased updater patches (#33533).
- Revisit #30732 (“Your Firefox is critically out of date" banner).
- Revisit #32418 (on every start TB complains that it can't update).
- Investigate #29630 (TorBrowser creates empty directory in "/tmp”).
#33685: zlib support for Android (in review)
#31499: Update libevent 2.1.11: tested across platforms, don’t need osx path with latest (in review)
#28765: Libevent for Android: update rbm,conf so we include options across all platforms (windows, Mac, linux). Verified building for each. (In review)
#28766: tor build for android, includes zlib support (in review)
#33557: Android Toolchain for Fenix: fix bin path
#33561: Upgrade openssl to use Android NDK 21
Follow up on reviews of Android Tor Support (priority)
#33564, #33565, #33562 -libevent, zstd, lzma for NDK 21
#33626: Add TBB project for GeckoView
- Got some test reports via r/Namecoin. Much of it was constructive.
- Lower productivity than usual due to isolation precautions to avoid COVID-19.
- Relay r/Namecoin test reports to tor-talk mailing list, file bugs where appropriate, ask for additional clarification from testers where appropriate.
- Try asking for more test reports via Twitter, maybe elsewhere in my social graph.
- Made a patch for #33672 (Force include https-everywhere in incremental mar update)
- Rebased patch for #25102 (Add script to sign nightly build mar files, generate update-responses xml and publish the new version)
- Helped with new releases
- Monitored blog comments
- Some reviews
- Work on proposal for quilt workflow
- Work on testsuite setup
- Work on setup of automatic rebasing of tor-browser patches on mozilla-central
- Help with getting rebased patches from #33533 building in tor-browser-build
- trac triage
- Tor Browser release meeting
- Started putting together Sponsor58 page for transition to Fenix: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/sponsors/Sponsor58
- Started tagging S58 tickets: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?sponsor=^Sponsor58&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&order=priority
- trac triage
- S27 March report
- Release prep for 9.0.7
- Firefox bug
- Chatted with sisbell about Fenix
- Made progress on macOS signing/notarization
- Investigated https-everywhere downgrade question
- Releasing 9.0.7, release prep 9.5a9, releasing 9.5a9
- Finally looking at acat's rebasing work?
- Revised #28005 (Officially support onions in HTTPS-Everywhere to use securedrop testing update channel.)
- Revised #21952 (Onion-location)
- Updated Onion-Location spec to match current implementation.
- Possibly revise #28005, #21952.
- Try to get #33533 working in tor-browser-build (will try boklm suggestion)
- Get browser unit tests working for #33533?
More information about the tor-project