[tor-project] Network health meeting notes, 3 Mar 2020

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Tue Mar 3 08:16:33 UTC 2020

Hi!

Yesterday, we held our first weekly sync about network health issues in
March 2020. The IRC log can be found at:

http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2020/tor-meeting.2020-03-02-19.00.log.txt

What we were up to in the previous week and what we plan for the coming
one (plus discussion items we had) can be found below:

    Guidelines on ethical operating a relay with operators
      *
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2020-February/018154.html
      *
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2020-January/018040.html
[GeKo: ggus will start contacting folks to figure out where we are here]

    Changes to DNSBL service:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2020-February/018189.html
Is everybody ok with this changes? [GeKo: Looks good to me]

Statuses:

GeKo:
  Last week:
    - getting up-to-speed for sbws review/work
    - making scripts for better bad relay rejecting available to others
(see: #33182)
    - more work on #32672
    - feedback reviews
  This week:
    - more sbws work
    - looking at the bridges situation for #32672
    - resume work on #32864 and maybe start improving Arthur's exit
scanning (#33179)
    - feedback reviews
    - look at ggus' Tor legal questions pad
    - maybe pick up #33009

gus:
    Last week:
        - Contacted relay operators from Latin America. Some of them
replied and updated their relays.
        - Worked on EFF Legal FAQ - this is ready -
https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-legal-questions-keep
    This week:
        - Start to contact relay organizations so we can share our
census form.
        - Send our commenets about EFF Legal FAQ to EFF.

juga:
  Last week:
    - Worked on #30899 include the commit hash in the sbws version
    - Revised #30196 Add the tor version to the sbws bandwidth file header
    - Started #30726 Missing relay keys in bandwidth file spec
  Next week:
    - Continue with #30726 Missing relay keys in bandwidth file spec
    - Continue with Revised #30196 Add the tor version to the sbws
bandwidth file header
    - Continue with #30735 Work out which relays are ignored by all sbws
instances
    - Introduce sbws to gk?

Georg