[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 25 Jun 2020
phw at torproject.org
Thu Jun 25 17:20:22 UTC 2020
Here are our meeting minutes:
And here is our meeting pad:
Anti-censorship work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday June 25th 16:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress).
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
* Our anti-censorship roadmap:
* Roadmap: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/anti-censorship/-/boards
* The anti-censorship team's wiki page: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/AntiCensorshipTeam <-- it will be moved into gitlab
* Past meeting notes can be found at: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/
* Tickets that need reviews: from sponsors we are working on:
* All needs review tickets: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/anti-censorship/-/merge_requests?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&assignee_id=None
* https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/sponsors/Sponsor30 <-- it will be moved into gitlab
* https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/sponsors/Sponsor28 <-- it will be moved into gitlab
* must-do tickets: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/-/milestones/10
* possible tickets: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/-/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&label_name=Sponsor%2028&milestone_title=None
* Anti-censorship related tickets that we want other teams to fix:
* https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-tickets-keep <-- it will be moved into gitlab with TPO labels
== Announcements ==
== Discussion ==
* Gitlab review workflow
* Move snowflake issues to snowflake-webextension / snowflake-mobile where appropriate
== Actions ==
== Interesting links ==
* Ongoing Internet measurement village talks this month: https://ooni.org/post/2020-internet-measurement-village/#schedule
* Psiphon Data Engine: https://psix.ca/
== Reading group ==
* We will discuss Geneva on June 25th
* Questions to ask and goals to have:
* What aspects of the paper are questionable?
* Are there immediate actions we can take based on this work?
* Are there long-term actions we can take based on this work?
* Is there future work that we want to call out, in hopes that others will pick it up?
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week.
- Something you need help with.
This week (2020-06-25):
* Fixed and deployed #29184.
* Improved emma's Makefile and filed a few minor issues.
* Mostly wrapped up #34260.
* Debugging and improving #31422.
* Started working on IMV'20 presentation.
* Brainstormed Salmon UI considerations in #31873.
* Built new exitmap module to find yet another case of Bitcoin rewriting.
* Wrap up #34260.
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2020-06-25
- reviewed #29184
- revised nat discovery feature (#34129)
- trial refactor of bridgedb to get ready for a GetTor integration (#3780)
- sponsor 28 evaluation prep
- snowflake proxy on mobile work, reviews
- away on vacation
Needs help with:
- another review of #34129
- review/feedback on #3780
- Dig into the algorithm for how BridgeDB distributes bridges
- Implement audio captchas in moat, figure out how to reduce audio captcha request size
- Keep studying BridgeDB to write architectural overview
- follow ups to #33365
- start on #31201
- tried to grant admin access to the snowflake broker CDN configuration (#30510)
- reply on revisions to NAT behavior (#34129)
- (S30) planning activities for the user group in HK:
- Run emma
- Discovery issues with Bridges flow - working on the script
-Started taking a look at #34318
-(Will be occupied due to university exams till 06-26)
-Work on fixing #34318
- Read existing documentation for BridgeDB and GetTor. Get acclimated to GitLab.
- Work on #33727
- CI/CD pipeline for multiarch docker images, which has a problem
with the apt tor version even though the apt repository have been
changed into the Dockerfile.
- MR: Fininshed working on #40001 (Snowflake)
- Finished Part A of project and started Part B
- MR: #1 (Snowflake Mobile) on Snowflake Mobile project
- Working, planning on Part B of project.
- Making MRs for #2 (Snowflake Mobile),#34277 (Snowflake)
Help with: -
More information about the tor-project