[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 18 Jun 2020
phw at torproject.org
Thu Jun 18 16:27:55 UTC 2020
Here are our meeting minutes:
And here is our meeting pad:
Anti-censorship work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday June 18th 16:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress).
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
* Our anti-censorship roadmap:
* Roadmap will go into https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/anti-censorship/-/boards
* The anti-censorship team's wiki page: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/AntiCensorshipTeam <-- it will be moved into gitlab
* Past meeting notes can be found at: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/
* Tickets that need reviews: from sponsors we are working on:
* https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/sponsors/Sponsor30 <-- it will be moved into gitlab
* https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/sponsors/Sponsor28 <-- it will be moved into gitlab
* Anti-censorship related tickets that we want other teams to fix:
== Announcements ==
== Discussion ==
* proposal on how to use gitlab https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/tpa/gitlab/-/issues/28
== Actions ==
== Interesting links ==
* Ongoing Internet measurement village talks this month: https://ooni.org/post/2020-internet-measurement-village/#schedule
* https://wwdaacc20.com/ Worldwide Developers Against Apple Censorship Conference, June 22
== Reading group ==
* We will discuss Geneva on June 25th
* Questions to ask and goals to have:
* What aspects of the paper are questionable?
* Are there immediate actions we can take based on this work?
* Are there long-term actions we can take based on this work?
* Is there future work that we want to call out, in hopes that others will pick it up?
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week.
- Something you need help with.
This week (2020-06-18):
* Reviewed #31282.
* Wrote patch for #29184.
* Deployed test branch of BridgeDB-internal metrics and fixed bugs that I discovered.
* Worked on #33647.
* Familiarising myself with Gitlab.
* Wrapped up #33162.
* Worked on #34260.
* Wrap up #34260.
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2020-06-18
- getting used to and helping with gitlab migration
- reviewed a bunch of snowflake proxy on android code
- worked on getting snowflake set up for sponsor 28 test range
- updated GetTor releases to Tor Browser 9.5 release
- fixed a small typo in the GetTor Gitlab provider links
- implemented NAT behaviour discovery at proxies and matching at broker (#34129, #33666)
- began trial integration of GetTor with BridgeDb autoresponder code
- look at viatsk's work on NAT test suite (#25595)
- revisions and hopeful merge/deployment of #34129
- add more stun servers (#30579)
- Break up BridgeDB's autoresponder code and do a trial re-implementation of GetTor (#3780)
- Follow up on discussions of debian obfs4proxy package
- sponsor 28 evaluation prep
Needs help with:
- Dig into the algorithm for how BridgeDB distributes bridges
- Implement audio captchas in moat, figure out how to reduce audio captcha request size
- Keep studying BridgeDB to write architectural overview
- follow ups to #33365
- start on #31201
- provided some feedback on NAT-aware broker rendezvous (#34129)
- share access to the snowflake broker CDN configuration (#30510)
- brought the TB10.0 proposal to the browser team. They are reviewing it.
- reviewed personas with Dunqan this week, we will have a draft for your review by the end of the month
-Started taking a look at #34318
-(Will be occupied due to university exams till 06-26)
-Work on fixing #34318
- CI/CD pipeline for multiarch docker images, which has a problem
with the apt tor version even though the apt repository have been
changed into the Dockerfile.
- Made a code patch for most tickets related to Part A of project.
- Learning about WebSocket and deciding on WebSocket library.
More information about the tor-project