[tor-project] Have "anything goes" blog post?

Philipp Winter phw at torproject.org
Wed Jun 17 17:45:33 UTC 2020

We have many comments on our blog that are unrelated to the respective
blog post but still bring up reasonable topics.  To make it easier for
our users to be heard, why not have an "anything goes" blog post once a
month?  A user suggested this idea over here:
<https://blog.torproject.org/comment/288185#comment-288185>

The idea is for users to comment on any topic as long as it's not in
violation of our blog comment policy (minus the "on topic" requirement):
<https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/community/blog-comment-policy>
Hopefully, this will give our users an opportunity to talk about
problems they have, ask us questions, and request features.

How does that sound?  I can draft the blog post and help moderate
comments but would appreciate a few people helping with that.  I propose
June 26th -- the last Friday this month.  I suggest giving it a shot as
a one-off experiment and repeat if it goes well.

Cheers,
Philipp