[tor-project] Tor Browser meeting notes, 15 June 2020
gaba at torproject.org
Mon Jun 15 18:52:46 UTC 2020
Tor Browser meetings are happening every Monday at 1800UTC on
#tor-meeting in irc.oftc.net
We had a meeting on June 15th and here are the logs and notes.
Contents of the pad for today:
== Tor Browser meeting pad! ==
Next meeting is at Monday 15 June 1800 UTC on #tor-meeting on OFTC.
* Monday 15 June 18:00 UTC
* Monday 22 June 18:00 UTC
Release meetings: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-browser-release-meeting-keep
Tuesday June 23th 18:00 UTC thanks :)
Tuesday July 7th 18:00 UTC
(This channel is logged while meetings are in progress.) (See
Upcoming Releases and other important dates
2020.06.30: 9.5.1 and 10.0a2 - ESR68.10, ESR78.0
2020.06.02: 9.5 Stable
== Previous notes ==
(Search the tor-project mailing list archive for older notes.)
== What project we are working on? ==
SPONSOR 58 - Tor Browser Security, Performance, & Usability Improvements
Parent ticket: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/33664
== Stuff to do every week ==
Check reviews not taken! How reviews from last week worked? Any
---- 15 June 2020
== Announcements [please date] ==
We are in the middle of the transition from trac.torproject.org to
gitlab.torproject.org. Trac and Gitlab can not update tickets right now.
Wait for mail sent to tor-project@ on Tuesday morning.
== Discussion [please date] ==
(June 15th) s58 Object 2.1 - UX :
Anto starts on this in June. Implementation is in obj 2.4
(June 15th) s30 Tor Browser - UX
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/31283 has proposal
for improving censorship circumvention UX. TB folks to review it.
(June 15th) GitLab migration (two parts)
tickets divided into new projects in gitlab
== Status Updates ==
Week of XYZ (planned):
- What you planned for last week.
Week of XYZ (actual):
- What you did last week.
Week of ABC (planned):
- What you're planning to do this week.
- Something you may need help with.
Week of 08 June (planned):
Tor Browser Nightly build machine
Finish "Decide which components of Fenix to rip out, disable, or
Create tickets/plan for S58 O2.1
Week of 08 June (actual):
Made progress on #33939 (but did not finish)
Created tickets/plan for O2.1
Gitlab migration preparations
Some adminy things
Week of 15 June (planned):
Really, really finish #33939
Review testsuite patches and merge them so we have a
Catch up on current 9.5/10.0a tickets
Finally land vpx patch upstream
Week of 06/08 (planned):
- gecko-dev proxy audit
Week of 06/08 (actual):
- Review of upstream DNS patch (looks good, I think)
- metrics tickets followup
- circpad bug fixes
Week of 06/15 (planned):
- gecko-dev proxy audit
mcs and brade:
Week of June 8th (actual):
- Worked on some tbb-9.5-issues:
- #34362 (Improve Onion Service Authentication prompt).
- #34369 (Fix learn more link in Onion Auth prompt).
- #34370 (Improve identity doorhanger message during failed
- Did some research for #34366 (onion-location mechanism -> full
- Poked upstream bug for #31607 (App menu items stop working).
- Created and posted a minimal extension that demonstrates
- Worked on upstreaming the #28885 patch (notify users update is
- Added tests and posted a revised patch; waiting on review.
- Reported some bugs with Trac -> GitLab migration (fixed by ahf).
Week of June 15th (planned):
- Follow up on active tickets:
- #33851 (Patch out Parental Controls detection and logging).
- #33998 (stop using XUL <grid> soon).
- #33848 (Disable Enhanced Tracking Protection).
- Spot-check acat’s 33533+6 branch (updated ESR78 rebase).
- Create a patch for
- This is a spin-off of Mozilla bug 1642404 and covers the
remainder of #28885.
- Working with all the teams on Gitlab migration.
- Some Gitlab support
- Back to getting Tor working in Fenix.
-started to split of branches for S58 code and ESR 78 migration
-redid toolchain patches to take into account tor-browser-build
branching strategy (#34432)
-started work on application-services build integration (#34101)
-reviewed #33533 up to and including 33533+5
-helped with Gitlab migration of browser tickets
-playing with Gitlab and helping further with Gitlab migration
-finishing review of #33533 and posting notes
-#34432 and #34101
-reviews (we have a bunch of them in our backlog)
Finished rebasing patches to 78 beta (#33533)
Addressed review issues for uplifting patch #27604
Possibly address GeKo's feedback on #33533
Finish uplift #32414 (Make Services.search.addEngine obey FPI)
Document rebase process for tor-browser-spec
Maybe start covering some patches with tests
Week of June 8 (actual):
Filed #34399 (Electrum-NMC can't make outgoing connections on
Submitted patch for #34399
Week of June 15 (planned):
Solicit more test reports on Namecoin integration (including
from users who were affected by #34399)
- made some patches for #28396 and #33991
- started looking at doing builds with rootless containers in
rbm, and using mmdebstrap to create debian chroots
- continue trying to do some builds with rootless containers and
she/her are my pronouns
GPG Fingerprint EE3F DF5C AD91 643C 21BE 8370 180D B06C 59CA BD19
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 488 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the tor-project